Gado-gado is one of the foods originating from Indonesia in the form of vegetables that are boiled and mixed together, with peanut sauce or sauce from peanuts and mashed together with sliced eggs and in general many add mashed mashed potatoes for sauce gado gado boiled potatoes cooked together with peanut sauce then topped with fried onions . A little fried chips or crackers (some are using shrimp crackers) are also added
Gado-gado can be eaten like a salad with peanut sauce / sauce, but can also be eaten along with white rice or sometimes also served with rice cake .
here is the menu and how to make gado gado
- 100 grams of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 100 grams of bean sprouts
- 100 grams of cucumber
- 150 grams of lettuce
- 3 eggs, boiled
- 100 grams of boiled potatoes
- 100 grams of tempeh, fried
- 100 grams of white tofu, fried
Peanut sauce ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 4 red cayenne fruit
- 3 red chilies
- 4 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 300 ml of medium milk
- 200 grams of peanuts, fried, puree
- 1½ tablespoons sliced brown sugar
- ½ tbsp of tamarind juice
- Salt to taste
- Fried chips
- fried onions
How to make:
- Steam the cabbage and bean sprouts until wilted, just for a moment because the two vegetables are easily wilted.
- Cut lettuce leaves, cucumber, boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tempeh and fried tofu. Set it aside.
- Heat oil, sauté the peanut sauce spices that have been mashed with orange leaves until fragrant. Add coconut milk, peanuts, brown sugar, tamarind water and salt. Cook until boiling and runny. Lift.
- The way to serve it is by arranging all the ingredients on a plate, then pour the peanut sauce on the top.
- Add fried onions on top, then serve with chips.
Gado-gado is one of the typical Indonesian food recipes. Many people also refer to gado-gado as an Indonesian salad. Gado-gado is one of the recipes for healthy food because it contains complete nutrients, namely vitamins and minerals from vegetables to proteins from beans and tofu.