Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry
Packed with veggies, tender beef and pineapple tidbits, this sweet-and-sour stir-fry is ideal for blustery weeknights or activity-packed weekends. Jackie Drake – Troutman, North Carolina
• 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
• 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 3/4 teaspoon olive oil, divided
• 1 large carrot, sliced
• 1/2 small onion, halved and sliced
• 1 small green pepper, julienned
• 1/4 cup fresh snow peas
• 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
• 1 cup cooked brown rice
1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; set aside.
3. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1/2 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry carrots and onion in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add green pepper and snow peas; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Full Recipe: Click Here