Egg In A Hole With Spicy Bacon And Guacamole Recipe
Bagels are the perfect vessel to create this Mexican-inspired egg in a hole. Jazz up rashers of crispy streaky bacon with a sweet and spicy mix of chipotle, paprika and maple syrup and serve with a zingy tomato guacamole and perfectly cooked eggs. See method
Prepare: 5 Mins
Cook: 30 Mins
Calories / Servin: 663 Cal
• 4 bagels, sliced in half horizontally
• 2 avocados
• 1 lime, juiced
• 8 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 4 tsp chipotle chilli and paprika paste
• 4 tsp maple syrup
• 12 rashers streaky bacon
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 4 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C and line a baking tray with foil. If the bagel holes are small, cut away some of the centre.
2. Mash the avocado with the lime juice and a little salt. Stir in the tomatoes and set aside.
3. Mix the chipotle paste and maple syrup. Put the bacon on the lined tray and brush one side with half the chilli-maple paste. Bake for 8-10 mins, until just crisp, then turn over and brush with the remaining paste. Bake for a further 5-7 mins.
4. Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof frying pan set over a high heat, toast the cut sides of the 4 bagel bases for 1-2 mins, until golden. Remove and spread with the guacamole.
Full Recipe: Click Here