Chicken Thighs Marsala
Chicken Thighs Marsala for Two is a quick and easy one skillet meal for a romantic date night, or a casual weeknight dinner. This classic chicken recipe gives you great restaurant style flavor in a jiffy.
· 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
· Olive oil
· 1 lb small mushrooms, i used a combination of white button and brown cremini
· 3 tbsp butter, divided
· 2 large shallots, peeled and finely chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
· Handful of fresh thyme sprigs
· 1/2 cup marsala wine (or dry sherry)
· 1/2 cup heavy cream
· Salt and freshly cracked black pepper garnish
· Fresh parsley
· Fresh thyme
1. Set oven to 375F
2. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth. Cut off the ends of the stems, and slice them, rather thickly. You can simply cut small mushrooms in half.
3. Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat until quite hot. Brush the skin side of the thighs with a little olive oil and, when the pan is good and hot, but not smoking, brown the thighs, skin down, for about 5-10 minutes or until they have a nice brown color. Remove them to a plate.
4. Wipe out any burnt bits and add 2 Tbsp of the butter to the pan. Saute the garlic and the shallots for about 5 minutes, stirring often and being careful not to let the garlic burn. Add the mushrooms to the pan and saute for another 5 minutes, stirring often, until they start to shrink and brown.
Full Recipe: Click Here