Guide to Making Healthier And More Delicious Burgers
Healthy or not the burger you make lies in the selection of ingredients and how to cook it. If you are able to choose ingredients and cook properly, then the taste and nutritional content is definitely guaranteed to be healthier.
1. Choose Low Fat Meat
The most important thing about making a healthy burger lies in the selection of the meat. Choose lean beef or poultry. Even better if you use fish meat that is high in essential omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna and salmon.
Even if you don’t eat meat, you can still enjoy your version of a vegetarian burger or replace it with mushrooms or tempeh.
2. Choose The Best Cooking Method
The process of burning or roasting is the best method to make burger meat more tender and juicy . According to Richard Chamberlain, a chef and author of The Healthy Beef Cookbook , beef is better cooked over medium heat until it is brown enough. However, avoid the texture of too charred meat so as not to hoard carcinogens that can increase the risk of cancer.
Here are Some Healthier And More Delicious Burger Cooking Tips:
- Season burgers with salt, pepper, or other seasonings before baking.
- Heat a grill or pan before cooking meat.
- Let the meat cook well and cook on one side before turning to the next side. Just turn the meat once.
- In order to keep the burger meat soft and juicy , avoid pressing the meat while cooking.
3. Choose a Healthier Burger Filling
To enrich the nutrition of the burger you make, fill the burger with lots of vegetables. Choose low-calorie vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, cucumber, or mushrooms to make a low-calorie burger.
To make a healthy burger, also pay attention to the toppings you choose. For example tomato sauce or low-fat mayonnaise. You can add low or fat-free cheese so that the burger you make is healthier, such as parmesan cheese rather than cheddar cheese. Because, according to Susan Mitchell, RD, PhD, a writer on Fat is Not Your Fate , cheddar cheese offers higher calories, which is 113 calories.
Examples of Healthy Burger Recipes
Serving: 6 servings
Nutritional content: 232 calories, 9 grams of fat, 18 grams of protein, 19 grams of carbohydrates
Tools and Ingredient:
- 6 whole wheat bread
- ½ kg of lean beef
- 4 tablespoons bread flour
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg white
- 4 tablespoons of finely grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped peppers
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- T tsp pepper
- Lettuce and tomato slices or cucumber according to taste
How to Make :
- Mix egg white, water, bread, carrots, onions, peppers, salt and pepper into large bowls.
- Add parmesan cheese and beef, then stir until smooth.
- Form into six fillings with a diameter of 10 cm.
- Bake the burger meat for 7-13 minutes on both sides at 70 degrees Celsius until done.
- Prepare the baked burger bread beforehand. Then place the lettuce, tomato slices, and burger meat. Cover with other burger bread.
- Serve while warm.